— Welcome to County Sacco
Who We Are
The genesis of County Sacco is traced to 13/02/1991 when it was registered by the commissioner for cooperatives development under the cooperatives societies Act cap 490 under the name Rukuriri Tea Growers Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd. The Sacco was registered in order to serve tea farmers whose tea proceeds were marketed by Rukuriri Tea Factory and other tea factories such as Mungania and Kathangariri tea factory. The society is located on the slopes of Mt. Kenya, some 170 Kms from Nairobi in Embu East Sub-County.
The society has since rebranded to County Sacco which literally means an ambitious Sacco with a strategic focus in all counties in Kenya.
County Sacco was licensed to undertake savings and credit business in 2011and it was licensed by Sacco Services Regulatory Authority (SASRA) to take deposits from the general public. County Sacco derives its mandate from the Co-operative Societies Act, 2004 and the Sacco By-laws.
CORPORATE & LEADERSHIP STRUCTURE
County Sacco is structured in a model of corporate governance. Our structure stems from the members and shareholders who transact their mandate in Annual General Meeting (AGM). The members and shareholders entrust the role of offering strategic direction of the organization to the Board of Directors (BOD). The BOD works through various committees including the Executive committee and the Supervisory Committee. The BOD appoints and supervises the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO manages the organization on a daily basis through a team of management and other staff.
“To be the leading provider of quality and competitive financial solutions.”
“To mobilize resources and provide customized financial products and services within Kenya using appropriate technology and upholding the highest level of professionalism.”
“Together we save, together we grow.”
Our Core Values
We adhere to impeccable individual and collective industry standards in the conduct of our affairs.
We leverage on the combined actions and effort of individuals and teams to enhance synergy while attending to the stakeholders’ needs.
We are able to explain, clarify and justify our actions responsibly to all our stakeholders both individually and collectively.
We have creative financial solutions that focus on the betterment of our members with no one left behind.
We do the right things when no one is watching and upholds a high degree of honesty and in serving our members and other stakeholders.
We operate in a way that is easy for others to see what actions we perform.
MANDATE AND CORE FUNCTIONS
The Sacco was formed to promote the economic and social interests of members, in accordance with the co-operative principles, which are:
- Voluntary and open membership;
- Democratic member control;
- Economic participation by members;
- Autonomy and independence;
- Education, training and information;
- Co-operation among co-operatives; and
- Concern for the community in general.
The SACCO is mandated to:
- Encourage thrift among its members by affording them an opportunity for accumulating their savings;
- Create a source of funds at a fair and reasonable rate of interest;
- Provide an opportunity for each of its members to improve the members respective economic and social conditions;
- Provide members with credit for purposes of provident or production or both;
- Offer to the members complementary savings and credit services and other financial products as may be required by the members from time to time;
- Ensure safety and soundness of the member’s funds through a risk management programme or appropriate insurance coverage;
- Ensure the progress of its members by educating them continuously on the proper use of credit; and
- Perform the functions and exercise the powers designated for savings and credit cooperative societies under the applicable law for the benefit of the members.